BIO-WEST, Inc is seeking a senior- or mid-level project manager for environmental projects. The applicant must have a proven track record of marketing and obtaining new projects as well as managing on-going projects. Experience in any of the following fields or industries is desired: Wastewater, Hazardous Waste, USTs, Remediation, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Mining, Geology, Hydrogeology, Soils, Oil and Gas, and Air Quality. Prefer a PG, PE, or CIH. Work is based out of the Logan, Utah office but there may be opportunities to be based in other locations after onboarding and integration are complete.
- Work to develop new clients, business opportunities, and maintain client relationships;
- Preparation of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates;
- Project setup, project delivery, project controls, contract management;
- Responsible for managing environmental projects involving site characterization, remedial design, wastewater discharge, permitting and environmental compliance, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are met;
- Perform field work for site characterization and site remediation projects including oversight of staff, subcontractors and also sampling of soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, groundwater and air in accordance with state and Federal regulations;
- Complete required permitting for groundwater discharge, mining, or similar projects;
- Conduct Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments and review reports produced by staff;
- Data analysis and reporting for specific environmental project tasks with minimal supervision including, recommend remedial solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles;
- Provide technical review for projects to comply with environmental laws, company standards, contract requirements and related specifications;
- Assist on NEPA and other company projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS required with a degree in geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering, industrial hygiene, water quality or other related fields.
- PG or PE, CIH (Utah) desired.
- 10 + years of experience with increasing responsibility and experience with consulting.
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors in the western U.S.
- Demonstrated scientific or engineering expertise with Federal and State (Utah, Idaho) and Local environmental regulations and associated permitting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with field investigations associated with environmental site assessments, site remediation, water rights, sampling, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with SWPPP, SPCCP and similar documents.
- Must be motivated and team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel to project sites primarily in Utah and the mountain west regions;
- Physically able to work in the field with adverse temperatures, long days, and carrying equipment over 40 pounds.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record.
BI0-WEST, Inc. is a growing full service environmental consulting company with excellent benefits and pay. We offer 401k, health insurance, dental, HSA, PTO, bonuses, and profit sharing. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement. It a rewarding place to work and successful project managers are rewarded according to their performance. It also provides the opportunity to interact with and gain knowledge from the other various disciplines within the company.
Please send a cover letter and resume or C.V. to [email protected]. Additional information about BIO-WEST can be found at www.bio-west.com.