BIO-WEST has an immediate opening for a full-time Programmer Analyst in Rosenberg, Texas.
Under limited direction and according to different project needs, this position will utilize programming skills to develop and maintain business intelligence applications and dashboards using a variety of data sources. Other duties may include spatial data preparation, analysis, and mapping with results presented via online, digital, and/or paper maps.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems, and four or more years of project experience in similar fields.
- Experience with business intelligence applications for data analysis, reporting and dashboard creation, such as Power BI or Google Data Studio.
- Ability to query data via REST APIs.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and using PostgreSQL databases and working knowledge of enterprise databases such as Oracle or ArcSDE.
- Experience in and ability to maintain, catalogue, and manage large amounts of stored data on both local and cloud-based servers.
- Programming experience with Python with preference given for spatial data processing via Python, ArcPy and/or open source libraries.
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn SQL, R, and other programming/scripting languages to manipulate and analyze large complex datasets.
- Working knowledge of or ability to learn and ESRI products (ArcMap, ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, etc.)
Compensation is commensurate with experience. BIO-WEST offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical Insurance, in-house dental benefit, profit sharing, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k, and discretionary bonuses.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected] by 11/30/19. No phone calls, please. Equal Opportunity Employer.